The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
This pilot project set out to assess the impact of retrofitting social housing.
Several key learnings emerged from the assessment:
- On average, tenants are saving as a result of enhanced energy efficiency.
- There is some tentative evidence of suppressed demand associated with extreme poverty.
- Communicare - the landlord - also benefitted financially, realising a 95% saving on their December 2016 water bills.
- The key short-term financial benefit to the City of Cape Town is a reduction in electricity subsidy in the high demand winter season.
- To maximise the savings benefit to retrofits, it is critical for both landlord to take initial consumption patterns into account in the retrofit design, and for tenants to make effective use of the new technologies.
Read the full publication
Evaluation of an Energy and Water Efficiency Retrofit Project in Social Housing