The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
African cities planning sustainable public transport systems face many challenges. A key issue is how to finance these plans?
Topics ranged from:
- learning how cities have funded the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) systems
- moving from small minibus taxis to large public transport vehicles
- the Dar es Salaam local context specific BRT
- learning how other cities have funded their BRT systems
- uniquely African solutions that don’t require massive investment
- ways to convince political to make the right decisions
- understanding models of incorporating current public transport operators into new systems.
Read the full publication
WWF/ICLEI Workshop report, 14–15 September, Kigali, Rwanda