The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Retail, Licensing & Marketing Officer
Business Development Unit
(Permanent position based in Newlands, Cape Town)
WWF is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation and environmental organisations, with almost 6 million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Earth's natural environment and to build a future in which we all live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Our work is challenging and exciting, and we love what we do. To join our team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive and helpful attitude.
This is an important role in the WWF South Africa Business Development Unit (BDU), and you will be required to manage and oversee the operations of the organisation’s retail trading and e-commerce business (SHOP), identify and agree Licencing partnerships with qualifying companies and manage the relationships to nurture and foster growth. In addition, the successful candidate will play an important part in further enhancing the WWF brand through marketing activities.
This role calls for a person with strong digital, marketing and communication skills. The ability to work with systems and sales software is critical. As a primarily outward facing role, you will be expected to maintain high standards of decorum and ethics. Your primary goal will be to raise funds and increase income for WWF.
- Line manage the smooth day-to-day operations of WWF online store
- Manage and use e-commerce and CRM systems effectively
- Website and external sales portal management
- Design and curate a range of on trend, ethically sourced, environmentally friendly products
- Financial management and reporting
- Budget management
- Participation in the execution and management of all fundraising and marketing campaigns
- Develop marketing plans and customer journeys
- Identify marketing platforms, promotional opportunities and better ways of working
- Statistical and data analysis
- Enhance and maintain efficient business processes and practices
- Maintain existing cause-related marketing partnerships and identify new partnerships
- Assist with the International Merchandise Programme
- Implement an external sales strategy beyond the online store; that includes participation in markets, expos, corporate partner events and other retail opportunities
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Marketing preferred)
- Minimum 3 years marketing experience (online advantageous)
- Good understanding of retail operations (ordering, sales, stock control, marketing etc.)
- Ability to source garments through an understanding of the CMT process Strong administration skills
- Organised and detail oriented
- Responsible, trustworthy and reliable
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Ability to work with and understand various software programmes (e-commerce software experience beneficial)
- Valid driver’s licence
To apply please click here fill out the application form, and provide a detailed CV and covering letter (attach under “Documents”) fully motivating why you should be appointed, together with the names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references.
Applications close on 29 February 2020.
Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you think this position is for you...