The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Office Manager: Khetha Program (White River)
WWF is the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisation, with over 6 million supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the Earth's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF South Africa is a national office that is part of the WWF network. We are a local NGO that has worked for 50 years with the aim of inspiring all South Africans to live in harmony with nature, for the benefit of our country and the wellbeing of all our people. WWFs work is for nature, for you.
Our work is challenging and exciting and we love what we do. To join our team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive attitude.
Environmental Programmes Unit
(18 Month Contract position based in WWF Office in White River, Mpumalanga)
Reports to: KHETHA Program Manager
WWF South Africa is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Office Manager for a large and exciting new program addressing wildlife trafficking in the South Africa / Mozambique landscape. The Khetha Program will focus on enhanced community-based approaches to address illegal wildlife trade and providing support to law enforcement and will be implemented through a range of civil society and government partnerships through the support of USAID. The Office Manager will facilitate the efficient functioning of the office by managing and coordinating operations and procedures at the office in White River, whilst coordinating with colleagues at WWF SA Head office in Newlands.
This is an 18 month contract position.
Office Management Responsibilities
Maintain and implement office policies, standards and procedures in collaboration with WWF SA Head office:
• Assist in office functioning including office furniture and technology procurement as appropriate;
• Oversee building management maintenance via service providers;
• Act as Health and Safety point person for the office;
• Manage suppliers and office supplies;
• Manage storerooms as necessary and assist with fixed assets register;
Coordinate basic office maintenance needs:
• Coordinate office events / office visits;
• Coordinate office space use;
• Manage petty cash;
• Maintain program vehicles; relevant insurances; licences and maintenance;
• Supervise office cleaning staff (outsourced) and security staff (outsourced) as appropriate.
• Assistance with maintenance of CRM contacts / accounts and projects
Khetha Programme Responsibilities
• Remain current with both USAID policies and conditions as well as WWF SA organisational processes, share as appropriate with Khetha team and ensure that good governance is adhered to;
• Assist in the organisation of Program events / workshops, including invitations, monitoring responses, bookings of venues, catering et cetera;
• Organise relevant internal and external meetings (on site and remote) including venue notification, technical and logistical facilities, set up of agenda and completion and distribution of minutes
• Manage domestic and international travel arrangements and approvals: flights; car rental; accommodation; allowances; assist with facilitating visa applications; travel claims et cetera;
• Support internal project processes, including approvals, contracting and relationship management as appropriate.
• Assist Grants Manager in ensuring effective financial processes and records are in place;
• Provide assistance to Khetha Program team as required
• Support program staff with administrative processes related to donors, partners and service providers, including filing and basic contract management.
• Ensure that all important program documents are filed electronically and physically, keeping all filing systems up to date.
• Manage all physical and electronic filing systems and processes to ensure key program documents are easily retrievable at all times.
• Support programmatic staff with contract administration for external partners / service providers.
• Write up notes and records of important meetings, including attendance registers.
• Ensure that organisational health and safety policies are up to date and adhered to.
• Participate in ongoing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities.
- Related Tertiary qualification in business management;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in office management or senior administrative position;
- Superior writing and verbal skills in English;
- Fluency in Portuguese would be advantageous;
- Experience in working with USAID grant agreements would be advantageous;
- Strong relationship building and social skills;
- Project management experience and ability to take lead on all administrative and operational requirements for the on-site team
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, attention to detail and solutions focused;
- Advanced level of computer literacy and office communication technology tools;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines;
- Professionalism in personal interactions both externally and internally;
- Experience in making travel arrangements, including visas;
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport.
- Experience with databases, spreadsheets and online data storage systems.
- Experience with filing systems.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to solve problems proactively and creatively.
To apply please click here fill out the application form, and create or update your profile. Under the “Documents” section of your profile, attach a detailed CV with a covering letter which explains why you feel you should be appointed to the role of Khetha Office Manager role, including specific examples from your previous experience. Please ensure you upload your CV and cover letter as one document (pdf). Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Applications close on 19th May 2019. Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
if you think this position is for you ...