The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Face-to-Face Fundraising: Area Manager (Cape Town)
Business Development Unit
(One year contract position based in Cape Town)
WWF is the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisation, with over 6 million supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the Earth's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF South Africa is a national office that is part of the WWF network. We are a local NGO that has worked for 50 years with the aim of inspiring all South Africans to live in harmony with nature, for the benefit of our country and the wellbeing of all our people. WWFs work is for nature, for you.
Our work is challenging and exciting and we love what we do. To join our team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive attitude.
- Supervise a team of Face to Face (F2F) Fundraisers and support them to attract individual donors by:
- Assisting with their recruitment, induction and providing ongoing onsite training and coaching.
- Providing expertise in F2F fundraising techniques, objection handling, codes of conduct and day to day operations.
- Ensuring team members are familiar with and can use appropriate fundraising techniques.
- Lead from the front and spend 50%+ of the time fundraising alongside new or existing fundraisers.
- Be responsible for achieving personal and team’s daily/ weekly targets, in accordance with agreed Key Performance indicators (KPIs). This includes setting targets for individual team members and managing their performance with the support of the F2F Sales Manager, and meeting personal fundraising targets.
- Ensuring that targets are exceeded in the following areas: per shift productivity, donor retention, donor quality and donor payments.
- Maintaining relationships with existing fundraising locations/venues and sourcing new locations/venues in which to fundraise.
- Keeping the team motivated and ensure that they behave in a disciplined manner,
- Quickly identifying and reporting disciplinary issues/ other events that may implicate the organisation or the well-being of team members to the F2F Sales Manager.
- Helping WWF-SA to retain F2F Fundraisers by developing their skills and supporting those with potential to move on to the team manager role, or other suitable roles within the organisation.
- Maintain an understanding of WWF programmes and campaigns, to be able to talk convincingly to potential supporters about the organisation’s work and ensure team members can do the same. This includes participating in training, talking with relevant WWF staff, undertaking individual research, etc.
- Ensure the effective and accurate administration and processing of personal and team sign ups.
- Be accountable for and ensure team members take responsibility for any WWF equipment that is entrusted to their care.
- Work together cooperatively with and support F2F team managers and fundraisers.
- Represent and also ensure that team members represent WWF-SA in the public sphere in a positive and inspiring manner.
- Actively participate in relevant team-building, group activities or meetings.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the F2F Sales Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
- Tertiary education with minimum 3 years work experience in sales or fundraising will be advantageous
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience of supporting and supervising others
- Ability to both lead and work collaboratively within a team
- Training experience and the ability to transfer skills to others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to easily build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Excellent communication skills, creativity and the ability to develop new ways to inspire people about what WWF does
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A positive attitude and high levels of self-motivation
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ambitious, results orientated and able to work in a target driven environment
- Reliable and adaptable
To apply please click here fill out the application form, and provide a detailed CV and covering letter (attach under “Documents”) fully motivating why you should be appointed, together with the names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references. Applications close on 9th June 2019.
Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you think you have what it takes ...