The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Accounts Payable Officer (Cape Town)
WWF is the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisation, with over 6 million supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the Earth's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF South Africa is a national office that is part of the WWF network. We are a local NGO that has worked for 50 years with the aim of inspiring all South Africans to live in harmony with nature, for the benefit of our country and the wellbeing of all our people. WWFs work is for nature, for you.
Our work is challenging and exciting and we love what we do. To join our team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive attitude.
Finance and Business Support Unit
(Permanent position based in Newlands, Cape Town)
This role will be supported by a Creditors Assistant and you will report to the Financial Manager and Chief Financial Officer. The primary responsibility is to maintain the supplier’s database and to ensure that all invoices are processed and paid timely and accurately following WWF-SA’s account payables process.
- Maintain central supplier database and new supplier take on process
- Review and process all vendor invoices via the company’s ERP system (Oracle NetSuite)
- Match PO to vendor invoice
- Verify correct G/L coding to purchase orders and invoices for payment and route of approval
- Verify VAT or other taxes on vendor invoices
- Validate completion of purchase orders and close timely
- Raise direct bills for debit order payments
- Raise direct bills for monthly operating expenses
- Reconcile vendor statements, verifying account discrepancies, identify and implement corrective actions
- Reconcile accounts payable to the general ledger
- Train and assist other department’s administrator’s staff
- Preparation of batch import for EFT/transfers
- Prepare applications for foreign payments
- Petty cash - Payments, Reconcile and maintain cash float
- Maintain, Processing and reconciliation of Staff Advances & claims
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with organisations policies and accepted accounting practices
- Provide problem and invoice resolution assistance to vendors and internal personnel with tact and diplomacy; act as a liaison between departments and vendors
- Over 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Highly accurate and great attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure, respect deadlines
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative in providing and addressing business needs
- Computer literate: MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Oracle NetSuite is essential
To apply please click here fill out the application form, and provide a detailed CV and covering letter (attach under “Documents”) fully motivating why you should be appointed, together with the names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references. Applications close on 27th August 2019.
Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
if you think this position is for you ...