Partnership Communications ManagerBackground:
WWF seeks to work with businesses that have the greatest potential to reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth and together find solutions to conservation challenges particularly facing humanity - such land use, oceans, food, fiber, water, and energy & climate change.
We help shape the private sector to best operate and grow within the natural thresholds of a one planet, informing and developing progressive strategies and approaches to tackle environmental risks and protect natural capital, whilst maintaining and enhancing social resilience and economic developments we call this One Planet thinking. Seeking shared value and systems impact, we create opportunities to engage customers, investors, supply chains, producers and employees to play their role in contributing to positive change.
Key performance areas:
Managing all related corporate communications activities, the role encompasses servicing and strengthening current corporate relationships; and unlocking new opportunities; within WWF’s corporate engagement strategy (incl. Transformative Partnerships, Business Network, Cause Marketing, Licensing, Philanthropic, and Donations-in-Kind) for the purposes of increased consumer engagement, individual support, brand strengthening, and the mobilizing of resources in support of WWF.
Managing all related communications within WWF’s various corporate engagements:
- Create, develop and implement communication strategies and plans with corporates which includes gaining an in-depth insight into the work which they support and their transformational journeys.
- Seek to inform, influence and use corporate partner’s internal and external communications and marketing platforms to reach their staff, customers, supply chains & stakeholders.
- Scope and develop communications and marketing rights and obligations for various contractual relations, and manage such rights.
- Ensure that Partners are actively engaged and communicated with, so that relationships with partners are strong, resulting in fresh creative, innovative partnership communications.
- Identify new and innovative communication opportunities.
- Implement all internal and external communication activities and tactics to showcase the key outcomes of WWF partnerships. This includes:
- Providing content for various partnership and WWF channels;
- Coordinating launches and events;
- Driving media activities i.e. developing media releases and arranging field trips;
- Monitoring and evaluating partnership communications;
- Co-ordinating and delivering reports as required;
- Assisting in contracting partnership agreements; and
- Managing partnership communication and marketing rights and guidelines.
- Ensure that all partnership communication opportunities are exploited. This includes:
- Ensuring appropriate WWF campaigns, tactics and messages are support by internal and external partnership channels and platforms; and
- Ensuring that partners contribute to and support WWF events and activations as appropriate.
- Coordinating all crisis communications activities pertaining to the partnerships (together with WWF South Africa media manager).
- Setting up and attending partnership meetings.
- Update (with Brand Manager) CE brand guidelines to use in partnerships, and align corporate communications and marketing with WWF’s Network Global Partnerships Committee strategy and share and maintain Corporate Engagement knowledge and data base.
- Establish and nurture links between WWF and relevant Business Associations and/or other voluntary or statutory bodies.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- A university degree in communication or a related field as well as an in-depth understanding of communication practices;
- At least 5 years work experience in the field of communications and marketing;
- Experience with media;
- Articulate and confident oral communication and excellent writing skills in English. Similar skills in other South African languages would be an advantage;
- Excellent personal communication and diplomatic skills;
- Ability to relate convincingly and credibly with peers in partner organisations;
- Ability to conceptualise and implement communication tools;
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to get things done;
- Adaptive, ability to work in a low structured environment and to reprioritise frequently;
- Good understanding of the issues in relation to WWF-SA’s mission;
- Good understanding of the corporate sector;
- An interest in and commitment to environmental and conservation issues and an understanding of the connection between social issues and the environment;
- Must work well in a team and across teams, and have a positive attitude;
- Driver’s license; and
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
To apply for the position, please click here and create or update your profile. Under the “Documents” section of your profile, attach a detailed CV with a covering letter Please ensure you upload your CV and cover letter as one document (pdf). Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Applications close on 6 October 2017. If you apply via email your application will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.