Office Manager: Khetha ProgramBackground:
Reports to: KHETHA Program Manager (Lowveld Office)
WWF South Africa is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Office Manager for a large and exciting new program addressing wildlife trafficking in the South Africa / Mozambique landscape. The Khetha Program will focus on enhanced community-based approaches to address illegal wildlife trade and providing support to law enforcement and will be implemented through a range of civil society and government partnerships through the support of USAID. The Office Manager will facilitate the efficient functioning of the office by managing and coordinating operations and procedures at a new office to be established in the Nelspruit area, whilst coordinating with colleagues at WWF SA Head office in Newlands. This is a 2 year contract position with the possibility of extension.
Key Responsibilities relating to Office management:
- Design and implement office policies, standards and procedures in collaboration with WWF SA Head office;
- Assist in office establishment including office furniture and technology procurement as appropriate;
- Oversee building management maintenance via service providers;
- Manage suppliers and office supplies;
- Manage storerooms as necessary and assist with fixed assets register;
- Coordinate basic office maintenance needs;
- Coordinate office events / office visits;
- Coordinate office space use;
- Manage petty cash;
- Maintain program vehicles; relevant insurances; licences and maintenance;
- Supervise office cleaning staff (outsourced) and security staff (outsourced) as appropriate.
- Assistance with maintenance of CRM contacts / accounts and projects
- Remain current with both USAID policies and conditions as well as WWF SA organisational processes, share as appropriate with Khetha team and ensure that good governance is adhered to;
- Assist in the organisation of Program events / workshops, including invitations, monitoring responses, bookings of venues, catering et cetera;
- Organise relevant internal and external meetings (on site and remote) including venue notification, technical and logistical facilities, set up of agenda and completion and distribution of minutes;
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements and approvals: flights; car rental; accommodation; allowances; assist with facilitating visa applications; travel claims et cetera;
- Provide assistance to Khetha Program team as required
- Related Tertiary qualification in business management;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in office management or senior administrative position;
- Superior writing and verbal skills in English;
- Fluency in Portuguese would be advantageous;
- Experience in working with USAID grant agreements would be advantageous;
- Strong relationship building and social skills;
- Project management experience and ability to take lead on all administrative and operational requirements for the on-site team;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, attention to detail and solutions focused;
- Advanced level of computer literacy and office communication technology tools;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines;
- Professionalism in personal interactions both externally and internally;
- Experience in making travel arrangements;
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport.
Under the “Documents” section of your profile, attach a detailed CV with a covering letter which explains why you feel you should be appointed to this role, including specific examples from your previous experience. Please ensure you upload your CV and cover letter as one document (pdf). Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Applications close on 16 August 2017. If you apply via email your application will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.