The WWF 2020 Goal here is to ensure humanity’s global footprint falls below its 2000 level and continues its downward trend, specifically in the areas of energy/carbon and of commodities (crops, meat, fish and wood).
Climate change projects funded by the WWF Nedbank Green Trust focus on:
- Promoting renewable energy opportunities, particularly where the benefits accrue to socio-economically deprived communities.
- Supporting adaptation to climate change amongst communities whose livelihoods are directly dependent on natural resources.
The WWF Nedbank Green Trusts funds projects that help mitigate the effects of climate change as well as those that tackle the root cause of climate change. These projects usually contain an element of public education seeing that everyone has a responsibility when it comes to reducing our human footprint on mother earth.
- Implementation of Climate Change response Flagship Programmes
- Low Carbon Frameworks: Transport
- Making Ecosystem Carbon work for Biodiversity and Water
- Greening of Social Housing
- Food Security Transformative Scenarios: Working Together to Change the Future
- Climate Change and Livestock Management in the succulent Karoo
Support The Trust
How the Green Trust is Funded
The Trust is funded through the Nedbank Green Affinity Programme, where clients who opt for the competitively positioned Nedbank Green Affinity bank, investment account or insurance policy, can contribute to the Trust at no cost.
Advancing graduate and mid-career green skills in South Africa
Graduate internships and mid-career advancement are a national imperative for South Africa. In the ...
Demand for white gold focuses attention on the Cape Floral Kingdom
A plant with perfectly shaped silver-green baubles known as silver brunia that is endemic to South ...
Protecting our water factories – our grasslands
South Africa cannot secure water production without conserving our grasslands, which are our ...
Small scale fishers and farmers - a vital link
Small-scale fishers and farmers are a vital link in South Africa's food supply, food security, job ...