Vacancies on TMF Board of Trustees
Founded by WWF-SA in 1998, the management of the trust is delegated to WWF-SA. Owing to rotation, there are now between one and three vacancies to be filled on the TMF Board of Trustees.
Trustees must be able and willing to:
• Accept fiduciary responsibility for the Trust
• Make a commitment of their services for a period of up to three years
• Advise the TMF management team on matters of policy
• Review the decisions of the project selection process, and
• Govern the Trust through appropriate arrangements with WWF-SA.
Please note that Trustees need to be deeply committed to the conservation of fynbos, and do not receive any remuneration for their service.
Trustees do not participate in the approval of projects; this function is delegated to WWF-SA. Trustees do not represent any organisation or interest group, but are appointed in their individual capacity. Board Meetings are held approximately three times a year, with sub-committee meetings held from time to time.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas is essential, with specific skills in finance and/or conservation presently required in order to maintain the balance of the Board:
• Finance Management
• Biodiversity Conservation
• Fundraising and Marketing
• Leadership and Strategic Management within especially the NGO sector.
You are hereby cordially invited to nominate suitable individuals for consideration for appointment to TMF’s Board. Please submit nominations in writing, including a one page CV of the nominee and proof of the nominee’s acceptance of the nomination, by close of business Wednesday 6th June 2012 to Carla Wood at the TMF offices (email@example.com; 021-7628525).
The Trust wishes to ensure effective demographic balance on its board and urges nominating organizations / individuals to give this issue due attention when considering a nomination.