The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
After numerous attempts over several years, the gravity of the future facing the West Coast rock lobster fishery and those people who depend on it, has compelled WWF to turn to the courts.
The court action was launched in the Cape High Court on 27 June and centres on the department’s decision to set the 2017/18 total allowable catch for the West Coast rock lobster (WCRL) at a level which fundamentally undermines its long-term survival and the future of the fishers who depend on this valuable resource.
A full list of the court papers submitted can be viewed here:
- WCRL Notice of Motion
- Founding Affidavit
- Annexures to Founding Affidavit JAD1 – JAD8
- Annexures to Founding Affidavit JAD 9 – JAD11
- Annexures to Founding Affidavit 3 JAD12 – JAD26
- Annexures to Founding Affidavit 4 JAD27 – JAD30
- Supporting Affidavit of Ana Maria Parma
- Supporting Affidavit of Andre Eric Punt
- Supporting Affidavit of George Meredith Branch
- Supporting Affidavit of Kevern Laurence Cochrane