Travel smart and reduce your carbon footprint.
Nearly 14% of global greenhouse gas emissions result from transport. It would be unrealistic to expect people not to travel, but there are real ways that you can travel more efficiently!
- Drive less
- Choose a fuel-efficient car.
- Check your tyre pressure - incorrect tyre pressure results in higher petrol/diesel usage.
- Drive smoothly - your car burns the most fuel when you are accelerating. Avoid sharp braking and accelerating to save petrol.
- Car pool with the kids
- Avoid unnecessary flying - urge your business to invest in tele- and video-conferencing facilities.
- Fly direct - most of the fuel used when flying is used during the take off. Fly direct to avoid extra "take-offs". Greenhouse gases which are released at high altitudes have an even greater impact on climate change.
- Take holidays closer to home - it could be a lot cheaper and save you time.
- Offset your flight emissions if air travel is unavoidable.