Administrative Assistant: Marine ProgramKey Responsibilities:
- Administer & implement efficient operational systems, processes and policies in support of WWF-SA mission - specifically, support management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning for the Marine programme, both in the Cape Town office and off-site staff.
- Provide administrative support to the Marine Programme senior manager where needed.
- Provide financial administration support, e.g. Process invoices and assist in monitoring and maintaining programme budgets, obtain quotes, process orders and liaise with service providers and assist with tracking and providing reports on financial income and expenditure.
- Undertake project administration including preparing documentation for ConsPAC meetings, taking minutes of meetings, drafting subsequent contracts for signature and tracking project progress and progress reports.
- Organise relevant meetings (physical and remote) including venue notification, technical and logistical facilities, drafting agendas and recording accurate minutes.
- Manage travel arrangements and approvals: flight reservations (domestic and international), car hire, accommodation, preparation of itineraries, scheduling of appointments, visa applications when necessary and travel claims. This includes internal administration of these arrangements.
- Assist in the organisation of events and workshops, including sending out invitations, monitoring responses, reservation of venues, catering arrangements, manning stalls
- Manage Programme assets such as vehicles and other technical equipment e.g. data projectors, voice recorders etc.
- Maintain records and effective electronic and manual filing systems.
- At least 5 years administrative experience including Financial administration experience.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills.
- Experience in providing written communication support to a range of audiences.
- Familiarity with providing support to remote offices.
- Computer literate: MS Office (Excel advanced level).
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to a changeable working environment where there may be last minute requests to change travel arrangements meeting arrangements etc.
- An interest in conservation issues.
- Enjoys working closely with people.
To apply please click here fill out the application form, and provide a detailed CV and covering letter (attach under “Documents”) fully motivating why you should be appointed, together with the names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references.
Applications close on 11 October 2017. Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.