The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
2 Year Contract position based in WWF office established in Nelspruit area
- Provide strategic leadership for communications for the Khetha Programme;
- Manage and develop communications campaigns and tools with partners;
- Content development and management for social media tools and platforms;
- Development of communications or program materials to explain or market the Khetha Program to audiences and beneficiaries that includes: pamphlets, press releases, user-friendly reading materials, videos, reports and work plans, website;
- Development and organisation of Khetha campaigns, events, media releases, press conferences and activations in collaboration with relevant partners;
- Oversight of technical communications campaigns and materials developed by project partners;
- Manage and report on overall financials for the programme
- Qualification in marketing and communications, postgraduate qualification would be advantageous;
- Minimum five years of experience in an independent communications position;
- A passion for environmental and conservation issues, and an understanding of the connection between social issues and the environment;
- Prior exposure to wildlife conservation science would be beneficial for the role;
- Articulate and a confident communicator in English (written and verbal) with strong social media and networking skills;
- Fluency in Portuguese would be an advantage;
- Self-motivated, with strong administrative and project management skills;
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and regionally as required;
- Possession of a valid passport and driver’s license
Under the “Documents” section of your profile, attach a detailed CV with a covering letter which explains why you feel you should be appointed to this role, including specific examples from your previous experience. Please ensure you upload your CV and cover letter as one document (pdf). Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Applications close on 16 August 2017. If you apply via email your application will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.